[Dxspider-support] Tons of russian spots

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Wed Sep 7 08:15:09 BST 2022

   I agree Dan, but at the same time I think I like Dirk's idea of
giving traffic a rating.   If it flows with the tag it's from a site
with registration, it has one rating, and if it comes with an unknown
node, or a site without registration, then it has a different rating.
Allow the nodes to decide what they accept, and pass based on settings
or filters.  I think of this like the issues here in the US with
robocalls's and the carriers now forced to send calls with an
attestation rating based the authenticity of the call.

  It may not totally solve the problem, but I think it will very much
make a dent into the issue.

  Another possible help might be creating an RBL (Realtime Blackhole
List) like email operations do to combat spam.   If the spots keep an IP
as part of the message, it should be easy to take known offenders IP's
and put them in this list that is used by any desired.   Then if desired
an expiry timer could be set to remove it after some preset time.
Again, maybe not perfect, but another way to combat the issue..

---
Howard Leadmon - WB3FFV
PBW Communications, LLC
http://www.pbwcomm.com