[Dxspider-support] Hamclock connections

Keith Maton g6nhu at me.com
Sat Apr 29 21:57:20 BST 2023

Bit of a bump to this thread but it’s following the one I started a couple of days ago regarding HamClock.  That issue is still being investigated but it’s not the same thing as was happening previously.

I’ve been in contact with the author and he’s been very helpful and understanding.

Prior to HamClock 2.90, as we know, it was very ‘chatty', sending a heartbeat (set/qra) every fifteen seconds.

In 2.90 onwards, that changed and he now sends show/date after five minutes of idle time.

From 2.92 (not released yet), he’s increased that idle time to ten minutes and instead will send ‘ping’ rather than show/date.

I set up a HamClock instance on a spare Pi earlier today and I have to say, it’s a great addition to the shack.  It’s already earned me a couple of new band slots, 7Q7 and 8Q7 on 10m.

Of course, not every HamClock user will update immediately but I think it’s been very nice of him to take our concerns on board and act on them.

73 Keith