[Dxspider-support] New check_build.pl

Kin ea3cv at cronux.net
Wed Feb 1 03:49:46 GMT 2023

Hi,

For those of you who have asked me for information:

I have released version 1.0 of check_build.pl for the Mojo 1.57 branch.

Added console messages.

It is now possible to launch an automatic backup.

If there is a new build, it will update and immediately restart the node.

If there are no changes, the sysop is informed.

To install it, copy the file to /spider/local_cmd

>From console.pl run load/cmd the first time.

The check_build command can be used like this:

      check_build Y           With Backup

      check_build N           Without Backup

      check_build             Without Backup

If you want to leave it automated, add in /spider/local_cmd/crontab

something like this:

      0 4 * * 1,2,3,4,5 run_cmd("check_build N")

It can be downloaded from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ttq5125qrzev67/check_build.pl?dl=0

This utility is not intended to replace the current update procedure,

it is intended for sysops who feel insecure about upgrading their cluster.

Basically it does:

            git reset --hard

            git pull

            reinicio

and a full backup of the /home/spysop/spider directory in
/home/sysop/backup,

which will be overwritten each time check_build is run.

73 de Kin EA3CV