[Dxspider-support] New check_build.pl

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 09:33:42 GMT 2023

On 01/02/2023 08:39, Danilo Brelih via Dxspider-support wrote:
> Keith Maton via Dxspider-support je 1.2.2023 ob 9:34 napisal:
>
> I see you not read nor install these packages?
>
> # apt install libfile-copy-recursive-perl
> # cpan install File::Copy::Recursive

Rather than use cpan (if you need to install stuff that your linux
distro has not packaged), 'apt install cpanminus' (the package name in
debian/ubuntu) and use it like this:

cpanm File::Copy::Recursive

It does not require setting up on the first time of use like cpan does
and automatically installs all the dependencies better (and less
wordily) than cpan. I have not used cpan since I transitioned to cpanm
10 years ago.

But DO search for perl modules in your package management system if you
are unsure what the distro's package name is, before using cpanm:

apt search File::Copy::Recursive

on my system yields:

libfile-copy-recursive-perl/jammy,jammy 0.45-1 all
   Perl extension for recursively copying files and directories

libfile-copy-recursive-reduced-perl/jammy,jammy 0.006-1.1 all
   module for recursive copying of files and directories

But the naming conventions of perl packages is quite consistent (but not
the same) on most mainstream linux distros so, once one gets one's eye
in, the package name can be typed in without doing the apt/yum search first.