[Dxspider-support] [administrivia] Enclosing screenshots (TL&DR Please don't send them)

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 08:52:30 GMT 2023

This is one of my occasional reminders about about screenshots in
mailing list posts ...

There is a default limit on the mailing list 75KB for a post, any post
larger than this means that

a) Your email will be delayed by ...
b) Me waking up and seeing an email with some admin to do ...
c) And me doing it.

Now I accept that *sometimes* only a screenshot will do, but mostly it
could be better done with a copy'n'paste (<ctrl>c <ctrl>v). This reduces
the bandwidth and storage requirements of the mailing list by a factor
of more than 10. Also, the storage arrangements of large attachments in
the mailing list software is, erm, a bit crude and I would prefer that
attachments (which include screenshots) are not sent.

Thank you for your attention.

73 Dirk G1TLH
Mailing list administrator (amongst other things)