[Dxspider-support] installing on a rpi2B

Jan cluster at pa4jj.nl
Fri Feb 3 17:46:52 GMT 2023

I am puzzled
For a couple of days now I am trying to install the DX-spider Mojo
branch on an older rasberry Pi
using Raspberry Pi OS lite 32 bit. A port of Debian Bullseye with no
desktop environment.
I use the script from SV5FRI.
Until installing JSON all is without error.
Then I see this:
--> Working on JSON
Fetching http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/I/IS/ISHIGAKI/JSON-4.10.tar.gz
... OK
Configuring JSON-4.10 ... OK
Building and testing JSON-4.10 ...
This takes a very long time. And then I see this:

Building and testing JSON-4.10 ... FAIL
! Timed out (> 1800s). Use --verbose to retry.
! Installing JSON failed. See /root/.cpanm/work/1675438340.877/build.log
for details. Retry with --force to force install it.
Terminated
pi at raspberrypi:~/dxspider_installation_v2-main $ JSON::XS is up to date.
(4.03)
Data::Structure::Util is up to date. (0.16)
Math::Round is up to date. (0.07)

When I proceed I see that there is no DXVars.pm and Listeners.pm in
/home/sysop/spider/local
There is only a file called placeholder. And this file is also in
local_cmd local_data.

As I have a working system on my Pi zero I copied The DXVars and
Listeners to /home/sysop/spider/local

I now do cd /spider/perl
./cluster.pl

The cluster starts with: DXSpider v1.55 build 250 (git:
master/9fb58f4a[r]) using perl v5.32.1 on linux started

Why is it v 1.55 build 250???
But ok I login as sysop and do:
sysop at raspberrypi:~ $ cd /spider
sysop at raspberrypi:/spider $ git reset --hard
HEAD is now at 9fb58f4a add CTY-3304
sysop at raspberrypi:/spider $ git pull
Already up to date.

Up to date????