[Dxspider-support] Ubuntu Server issue?

Stephen Carroll aa4u.steve at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:54:28 GMT 2023

The solution has been realized (after pulling out most of my hair and
several pots of coffee over the past 2 days).

I disabled the firewall:

ufw disable

Then, included more specific network configuration settings in:

/etc/netplan/00-installer-config.yaml

netplan generate
netplan apply

After verifying the network issue was resolved (outside node connects), I
re-enabled the firewall:

ufw allow 8800/tcp
ufw enable

Reboot the computer. Yes, it worked with or without the firewall, but
figured I'd let it run 'enabled' and see what happens.

If anyone would like the contents of the edited netplan file, let me know
via private message.

73, Steve - AA4U

P.S. YMMV !!

ufw allow 8800/tcp