[Dxspider-support] Password Questions

Anthony (N2KI) n2ki.ham at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 14:21:38 GMT 2023

For many years I have had registration required on my node, but never
requiring passwords, which now seems to be the target direction

If the password function is turned on so as to be required, how will that
impact the current registered users (in this case all registered users,
numbering in the hundreds), that do not have any passwords setup?

Will they be requested to apply a password when logging in or does that
mean I have to manually apply a password to each registered user and send
them a missive with the password.  I suspect the latter is the case.  If no
password is set with the password function enabled, can someone still log
in by not entering any data in the password field?

Currently, users complete a registration form on my website and the data is
appended to a spreadsheet.  I suppose I could add a new password field when
users register and then apply it during the set/reg process.

Regards,

Anthony (N2KI)