[Dxspider-support] Install/Setup help: "set/spider" results in "not allowed".

Brian Keahl bkeahl at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:26:22 GMT 2023

I have followed instructions provided by Dirk here:https://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/Ubuntu_22.04.

I reached the point to set/spider, meaning I have created the connect file for a node I am set to access (WR3D); the filename for the connection is wr3d (all lowercase). I am running ./perl/cluster.pl from the Spider folder as sysop using sudo su - sysop. I connect to spider from another telnet session, having run the sudo su - sysop command and then dx from within the src folder.

dx connects to spider, and allows me to issue the command "set/spider wr3d", but the response I get back is "not allowed". Does anyone have any idea where I have gone awry, or where to start looking?

73, WX4BK - Brian