[Dxspider-support] Secure node to node connection proposal

Matthew Chambers mchambers at mchambersradio.com
Sun Feb 26 12:55:40 GMT 2023

Yup, and asking sysops to take on additional load to maintain everything.
Several of us volunteer our tech resources but are limited in time to
babysit their nodes.

I do spend time developing client software and what realistically will
happen is developers will just drop DX Cluster support before sucking away
their time from improving other core functions of their software. Even if
they did add password or encryption support. We're asking hams to update
their software, most who are still running long out of support OSes and
other software and refuse to update because it's too much of a bother. I
still have users using 3-year old versions of my software, maybe older
because we didn't add version reporting on server login until 2021.

Matthew NR0Q