[Dxspider-support] What exactly are the country files used for?

JOSEPH REED joe at n9jr.com
Mon Jan 2 23:01:02 GMT 2023

Keith,

I don’t load a copy of CTY to my Mac, I trust the cluster to be authoritative in that regard. And that is why we have crontab jobs to keep it current. When a node receives a spot and retransmits it to the user it has all the data it needs for a good log.  And on the flip side, it illuminates the spot as a potentially needed for example if WZ8ZZZ is in KH4 and it is needed on 1.8 MHz it will flag it a needed country in the logging software and not my neighbor down the road in Michigan.

Does that make sense?

Joe N9JR