[Dxspider-support] What exactly are the country files used for?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 07:47:50 GMT 2023

It is used by the show/dx command, as well as many other commands that
require the information contained within these files (show/heading etc).
It also provides DXSpider with an "country number" which, sadly, is not
the same as the other country numbers used today. This is because these
numbers were invented by AK1A for his original use and it was the only
game in town (that I knew about)  in 1997 when I started this project. I
did ask around as to whether there were standard ones defined by
ITU/ARRL etc but was told that there were none.

Not many people use vanilla telnet/ax25 clients these days, but I need
these wpxloc.raw and cty.dat files for my own purposes (after
amalgamation and conversion by create_prefix.pl) in DXSpider.

73 de Dirk G1TLH