[Dxspider-support] Remote sysop password ?

Keith Maton g6nhu at me.com
Tue Jan 10 22:02:47 GMT 2023

My problem with using the console like that is that it’s not possible to scroll back up the page.

To elucidate, if I have the console in a terminal window that’s 24x80 and do an sh/con, it looks like this:

If I then try and scroll up, I get this:

The console knows the size of the window as can be seen down towards the bottom right where it says 24x80 but it doesn’t seem to be able to recall anything outside that window.

If I ssh into the cluster from a terminal window rather than logging in and running the console then yes, I can scroll up but of course, I don’t have my full range of sysop commands.

I much prefer the console, I can use the up arrow to recall previous commands but sometimes, I need to be able to scroll back and look at earlier stuff and it just can’t be done.

I don’t know if I’m unusual in that I prefer doing things through a terminal window rather than a specific application, it just makes more sense to me to use things built into the OS.

73 Keith G6NHU