[Dxspider-support] DXSpider mojo branch build 482

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 16:31:59 GMT 2023

On 20/01/2023 16:24, Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support wrote:
> 1. There is now a complete implementation of stopping logins from TOR
> nodes and some other bad IP addresses. I maintain the badip.torexit,
> badip.torrelay and badip.global files. If you follow the instructions
> below for your local crontab,  you will keep a current set of 'bad ip
> addresses'. You can also add your own local bad ip addresses with the
> set/badip command. But if you think this IP address is a problem, tell
> the support mailing list and I will add it to the 'global' list, which
> will be distributed around those nodes that download the master lists.
>
> *You will need to install Net::CIDR::Lit*e to utilise the badip stuff.

This appears to be mandatory, I thought I had made the arrangements so
that it isn't if you don't want or need IP address protection. I shall
now try and fix this,. If you are using a debian/ubuntu/mint et al)
based distro, then you can install it with 'sudo apt install
libnet-cidr-lite-perl'. Other distros will have something similar. If
all else fails 'sudo cpanm Net::CIDR::Lite' will work.

Dirk G1TLH