[Dxspider-support] Changes problem 1.57

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 09:29:25 GMT 2023

STOP.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING until you have done some archiving.

These instructions are based on you being called 'sysop' and your spider
directory is called /home/sysop/spider and you have the symlink /spider
-> /home/sysop/spider in place.

1. login as sysop.
2. mv spider spider.old
3. git clone -b mojo git://scm.dxcluster.org/scm/spider
4. cd spider
5. head Changes

You should see something like this:

20Jan23=======================================================================
1. Add the variable @main::localhost_names to allow other IP addresses to
    be treated in the same way as localhost in item 1 on 19Jan23 below. NOTE
    you must include ALL the normal localhost names + any other interface
    names that you might want to include:

6. rm -f local_cmd local_data
7. cp -a ../spider.old/local_cmd .
8. cp -a ../spider.old/local_data .
9. cd perl
10. ./cluster.pl

Check it comes up "normally".

Try a console in another shell or telnet to it in the normal way.

Let me know what happens.

IF THIS FAILS, give me an ssh login (in a private email) and I will have
a look what has happened to see if I can fix it.

73 Dirk G1TLH