[Dxspider-support] Very basic install instructions for ubuntu

ei6iz.Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 09:25:21 GMT 2023

On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 at 07:39, Ian Maude via Dxspider-support <
dxspider-support at tobit.co.uk> wrote:

> Does this mean that the dependencies for mojo are already installed in the
> latest Ubuntu

Hi Ian,
I went with ubuntu 22.04, the long term support version, so it's not quite
the latest, but this version gets security updates until 2027 making it a
good choice for a cluster
I was able to meet all the dependencies that came up with system packages.
It's possible that I may have missed one or two, this is an early draft but
I took my test install as far as setting up RBN and the new badip list
feature.

I intend taking a look at a few other distros, perhaps centos stream9 &
Raspberry PI OS as well as a Podman(same as Docker) install.

I haven't been on packet in nearly 20 years, are there still packet
clusters out there and is there still a need for 'modern' documentation to
cover bringing up an RF system and interconnecting with ax25 networks?
If so, is there anyone interested in helping, I've still got packet
hardware in a box somewhere!

Are there reasons, for new install documentation to cover anything other
than the mojo version at the moment?