[Dxspider-support] Very basic install instructions for ubuntu

Kin ea3cv at cronux.net
Fri Jan 27 10:14:06 GMT 2023

I think we should focus on the Mojo branch.

Regarding the issue of installations, it should be divided into groups based on the source distro, that is, Debian -> Ubuntu, KUbuntu, Xubuntu, Mint, ... RedHat -> Fedora, ...

But I think the main thing is to start with the big distros and their latest stable versions.

In the case of Docker, it can be more complicated if users do not have a minimum of knowledge, but it is very interesting and useful (I bet on this). It could lead to the distribution of a config or clip art, somewhat similar to git, since a container for dxspider is tiny (< 100 MB) and portable.

Regarding the updates, although it is very easy to do with "git", a backup/restore section would have to be added for the fear that the sysops have of losing their node. This would encourage (I hope) that the Network is kept up to date.

Kin