[Dxspider-support] sh/qrz command

Kin ea3cv at cronux.net
Sat Jan 28 07:54:17 GMT 2023

Hi,

Anthony, dxspider works fine on the VM you have.

What happens is that you need to familiarize yourself with this new environment, Linux, and with some of the basic tools i.e. nano, basic OS commands, ...

Dirk has given you the solution, but I think the problem is in the single quotes that these two variables have in the Internet.pm file:

$qrz_uid = 'n2ki';

$qrz_pw = 'your_password';

You have two options;

1. Introduce yourself in a terminal as sysop

su - sysop

cd /spider/local

nano Internet.pm

Remove the quotes so it looks like this:

$qrz_uid = n2ki;

$qrz_pw = your_password;

Press <CTRL><X>

and answer YES

you rise to root

su -

service dxspider restart

or you can enter console.pl like this:

cd /spider/perl/console.pl

and run the command

shut

With this it should work for you.

Note: nano is a simple text editor. If you want to leave it without modifying anything or that what you have touched is not saved: <CTRL><X> answer NO

If you don't really need it, I can connect in the afternoon at EA time and I'll look at it.

I have not abandoned you Anthony, it is that the family also claims me ;)

Kin