[Dxspider-support] Announce spam

Brian Stucker me at kb2s.net
Sat Mar 4 02:51:32 GMT 2023

Why suppress part of the spot from going outbound? There could be legit
reasons for this.

Being conservative in what you send and liberal in what you accept
(Postal’s Law) is not a good solution to dealing with someone who doesn’t
care about the impact they are having.

The attacker will simply shift tactics and target their attacks from
upgraded nodes using the account of registered users with a clean track
record of spots.

Give people more options of moderating content that they receive as they
see fit. Then the attacker has to go visit every node in the network to
figure out if anyone is seeing their garbage. The nodes that take no action
apparently don’t care. If their users do care then they have other places
they can connect to. The system will shift, and the work of the systems
that get it right will be more users instead of more work.

73,
Brian - KB2S