[Dxspider-support] Downloads

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 22:54:47 GMT 2023

I have just pushed new DXSpider command 'download', it is a bit
experimental, but I have been using it successfully in a few places.
There may be additional facilities added to it based on demand. Here is
what the Changes file says (can't be bothered to type it all out again):

1. I am aware that there are windows nodes out there on mojo (brave,
impetuous
    that you are) and wget is not an easy option to download badip
files. So,
    through the power of mojo I give you the new 'download' command. As it
    stands at the moment, it will download a file from a webserver and place
    it in /spider/local_data. If it downloads successfully, it will
overwrite
    any file with that name in /spider/local_data. Needless to say this
is a
    sysop only command.

24 * * * * run_cmd('download
http://www.dxspider.net/download/badip.torexit')
24 * * * * run_cmd('download
http://www.dxspider.net/download/badip.torrelay')
24 * * * * run_cmd('download http://www.dxspider.net/download/badip.global')
25 * * * * run_cmd('load/badip')

    would be an obvious use. But it can also be used to download spot, USDB
    and other data as well. If you do use it then you will still need to
    do a spawn_cmd in crontab for the conversion programs, but that too is
    going to change.

You don't need to restart, everything it does is in the command.

Enjoy

Dirk G1TLH