[Dxspider-support] how stop/start cluster

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 15:12:55 GMT 2023

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

NEVER kill -9 EVER!!!!

A simple 'kill <processid>' will do the job and shuts the node down
cleanly. 'kill -9' stops the node dead. That can, very likely, corrupt
user files, leave holes in log/spot/debug files. And there really,
really is no need to do this in any kind of normal operation.

In either case, unless you have stopped the systemd dxspider service,
any of 'shutdown' in a console or a kill (even -9) will simply restart
the node. This is what you might use after a software update.

To actually stop the node, you need to do either 'sudo service dxspider
stop' or 'sudo systemctl stop dxspider'. After this, the node is
completely stopped until you do the reverse: 'sudo service dxspider
start' or 'sudo systemctl start dxspider'.

73 Dirk G1TLH