[Dxspider-support] New node not starting as a service.

Phil Taylor M0VSE phil at m0vse.uk
Wed Mar 15 15:16:53 GMT 2023

Hi Mike.

This is actually a deficiency in the command ‘service’ provided by Debian/Ubuntu.

Simply use “sudo systemctl dxspider start” instead

If dxspider isn’t starting at boot, issue this command to create a symbolic link that indicates the service should be started automatically:

sudo systemctl dxspider enable

This article has more info on the problem with the service command https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-27715

73 Phil M0VSE