[Dxspider-support] Which one

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 18:24:08 GMT 2023

For mojo branch nodes:

Sysop supplied data (badip.*, cty.dat, wpxloc.raw and more) goes into
/spider/local_data.

For master branch nodes ONLY:

Sysop supplied data (badip.*, cty.dat, wpxloc.raw and more) goes into
/spider/data.

For either branch:

Sysop crontab goes into /spider/local_cmd
Sysop node configuration (anything ending .pm such as Internet.pm,
DXVars.pm, Listeners.pm) goes into /spider/local

NOTE for mojo branch sysops: you may get confused by the fact that, from
time to time, I update prefix data and put that into /spider/data. There
are other things in /spider/data that I may update from time to time. DO
NOT MODIFY these files. There are some special files there and the rest
are 'base line' copies to get new users going. If these files happen to
be newer than the ones in /spider/local_data, that should not matter as,
which ever version of the data in either /spider/data or
/spider/local_data is newer, will be the version of the data that is
used. Stuff that get regularly updated in /spider/local_data will
automatically be used when you issue the appropriate load/prefix,
load/badip or whatever.

I hope that is clear. If it isn't please ask.

73 Dirk G1TLH