[Dxspider-support] "git pull" issue?

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bob at tenty.ca
Mon Mar 20 21:21:34 GMT 2023

The IPv6 address of the UK host is isn't reachable. Normally it should fall back to its IPv4 address
if that's the case, but for what ever reason it doesn't do that quickly enough with git in this case?
The system here tries the IPv6 address first if that is available.

Bob VE3TOK

On 2023-03-20 15:43, Stephen Carroll via Dxspider-support wrote:
> Thanks for the inputs and guidance.
>
> The issue appears to be fixed after:
>
> git pull --all
>
> It took about 2 minutes to finally respond, but eventually received the proper responses and updates. My node is now running build 519. Not sure what was happening, but we're back to normal again.
>
> 73, Steve - AA4U
>
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2023, 2:09 PM dxcluster via Dxspider-support <dxspider-support at tobit.co.uk> wrote:
>
>     Did you try sudo reboot?
>     That helped me
>     73
>     Jan
>     PA4JJ
>
>     Op 20-3-2023 om 18:48 schreef Stephen Carroll via Dxspider-support:
>     > I've been running the latest Ubuntu version for quite a while, with
>     > DXSpider v1.57 build 517, perl v5.34.0
>     >
>     > I saw several nodes over the weekend had updated to v1.57 build 519,
>     > so after the BARTG contest ended last night I tried updating myself.
>     > Normally, Kin's check_build tool does the job effectively. However,
>     > when I ran the tool it froze up and hadn't completed in 2 minutes. So,
>     > I hit Ctrl-C to abort. I rebooted the computer and tried Kin's tool
>     > again, with the same result. At first, I suspected the tool was
>     > malfunctioning. But, when I tried to do a manual update, I was getting
>     > nothing back after issuing "git pull". I've done many manual updates
>     > this way. None of this is new to me or my node configuration.
>     >
>     > su - sysop [password]
>     > cd /spider
>     > git reset --hard
>     > git pull
>     >
>     > I get the correct response from the 'git reset --hard" command, even
>     > "git describe --long". I'm no linux guru, so even tried re-installing
>     > git (apt install git). Don't know enough to figure this out on my own.
>     >
>     > It appears something specific to my node since nobody else has
>     > mentioned this issue. Any ideas? Is there another way to force a
>     > spider update? Thanks in advance.
>     >
>     > 73, Steve - AA4U
>     >
>     >
>     > Dxspider-support mailing list
>     > Dxspider-support at tobit.co.uk

There is nothing permanent except change

-Heraclitus