[Dxspider-support] Disconnects every 15 minutes.

Keith Maton g6nhu at me.com
Sun May 28 10:49:07 BST 2023

I think this could be one of two things and they’re both sort of related.

Make sure you both have the other node callsign set as a spider.  So in the console, do set/spider xxxxx-x.   I also add the same command into /spider/scripts/startup but I’m not 100% sure if that’s needed.

Check the connect script. If you have the callsign incorrect, ie without an ssid when it needs it then you’ll see the same problem.

So for example, I connect to lu9da-6.    I did set/spider lu9da-6 in the console and added that into /spider/scripts/startup

In /spider/connect, the connection file is called lu9da-6 and in it I have just two lines.

connect telnet lu9da.no-ip.org 9000
'login' 'g6nhu-2’

When I first upgraded to mojo, I had a couple of instances where the ssid was missing and the symptoms were exactly as you’ve described, a disconnect after fifteen minutes.

Hope this helps.

73 Keith