[Dxspider-support] Node request.

Jan cluster at pa4jj.nl
Thu Nov 30 11:46:38 GMT 2023

I got a request from IW9FDD for connecting to my node
I did set his node up.
But then I saw that you he logged in on my spider cluster PA4JJ-3 using
a very old version of spider
IW9FDD-6    Spider  1.55 build: 82
I asked him why using this old version and he respondedn that he used
this for 10 years now.
So I told him that I blocked his node. He replied as follows:

I don't know Linux well and therefore I'm not able to update my version
of DXSPIDER which has been up in the air for about 10 years. I'm sorry
you blocked the link between our clusters, I'll get over it. If you have
the ability to update remotely I would be grateful. Excuse me for my
ignorance.

Should I tell him about the dxspider support list or would this be
asking for trouble?

73
Jan
PA4JJ

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 77.174.195.163 port 7300
pa4jj-3 77.174.195.163 port 7388