[Dxspider-support] Subscription requests

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Oct 7 20:02:18 BST 2023

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that I have just deleted
over a thousand subscription requests from my inbox for all of the
DXSpider mailing lists. By far the majority of these were spam. It is
possible that there were a few genuine ones amongst them - and to those
people I apologise.

I am getting rather irritated doing all this unnecessary administration
and I shall now be looking for a better solution which, may
(reluctantly), involve moving to another platform which might be Google
groups. I am open to other/better suggestions.

In the next few days I will be closing the lists to new users after I
have updated the website to say something like this:

The mailing lists are open to all genuine radio amateurs but, because of
all the subscription request spam I have received, I will only accept
new members who send me a personal email to 'gb7djk at gmail.com', with a
subject line that says something like: 'subscribe dxspider-support',
with your name, callsign and country in the body of the email.

These details will be checked by looking in the usual places.

73 Dirk G1TLH