[Dxspider-support] Clusters changing comments

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Apr 1 14:23:18 BST 2024

This is utf8 coding. In theory, all non-alpha numeric characters (i.e.
0-9A-Z [the comment is uppercased for deduping purposes]) are removed
(and that includes spaces). This code has been in place for a very long
time - even in the master branch - the relevant lines since 2005. It's
possible that this could be nailed down further but without buy in from
other authors it's going to be difficult to fix.

This is why I asked whether it was going to be useful to try to go to utf8.

73 Dirk G1TLH