[Dxspider-support] Spot.pm and uninitialized value

Rene Olsen rene at rcolsen.dk
Sat Apr 20 09:35:39 BST 2024

Hi.

As long as some users are insisting to use localized caracters in comment field, I don't think
we will get rid of that.

What is Dirk supposed to do when comparing so different comment fileds?

Maybe we should just drop using the comment field in dupe check all together, and just look at
sender, frequency and station spotted?

Unless every system in the path are using UTF-8, we will get those messed up comments,
when users are using localized caracters.

In my opinion the DX Cluster network is a world wide network, and therefore English language
should be used. And not German, Spanish, Italian, Danish or whatever local language.

Just my opinion.

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH