[Dxspider-support] Strange

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 15:11:02 BST 2024

Jarmo

I'm sorry to say that this is (now) a feature. Deduplication is now so
central to DXSpider that all chat (and now talk) use the same
deduplication mechanism (they are both PC93 after all). Inter-node Talk
has not worked very well or reliably for many years. After several
complaints, I fixed this. BUT, this required a random #nnn string make
all talk unique just like chat. If you are talking other users on the
same node or other (up to date) nodes this serial no will be invisible.

Dirk G1TLH