[Dxspider-support] DX-Cluster mojo-version - great problems...

Wolfram - dl3ami dl3ami at darc.de
Mon Feb 26 10:53:55 GMT 2024

Hi,
I’m DL3AMI, sysop of db0erf-5.

I need help. DB0ERF has running dx-spider since 2003 and a other cluster AK1a
and CLX since 1992.
I have chang the dxspider from the normal master-version to the mojo-version –
was it a mistake??!!  At DB0ERF many users have a password – so the change was
not a not a problem
.

Now its a verry great problem with talk. It is not operating – but look down
for this
..

I have written to Dirk, but I have not get any answer
..

Maybe it’s possible, that any other HAM can help.
I’m wondering, that nobody has this problems – is it an error at my side????

Now look down to mean mail to Dirk.
But first – again many thanks for this complex program to Dirk and I will
continue to say „Tahnk you“.
But no resolution for problems and my old mail to Dirk

Hi Dirk

Im using a DX-Cluster since 1992. First AK1A, then CLX and then a derivate and
then 2003 DX-Spider from you. And I have often written – thank you – this is a
big software!!.
OK, my english is not very good.  But I think it’s possible to unterstand.

I have written directly and via the mail-list to you in the last weeks. Yes, I
understand, if you dont have time, or a problem is complex und you need time
for it

But:
I have great problems and are attacked by HAMs which say, that I am
incompetent and discriminate them, so I really need urgent help. Could you
please help solving the problems descibed below?
It’s not a confortable situation beeing blamed while ..

Ok, in sequence now -  i use the “mojo“-version

Problem #1:
-----------
The DX-Spider here get no update since 15. march 2023 - its the last version
or not?.

sh/version:
DXSpider v1.57 (build 524 git: mojo/f43ac25[r]) using perl v5.20.2 on Linux
Copyright (c) 1998-2024 Dirk Koopman G1TLH

Gitupdate.script:
=================
cd /spider
git reset --hard
git pull
------------------
root at db0erf-deb:/afu/dxspider# ./gitupdate
HEAD is now at f43ac25 changed X & Y to 27 & 20 for cmd Dos protection Already
up-to-date.

Have I done wrong steps for the update????

Problem #2: (the great)
------------------------
Talk is not working:

On mojo = db0erf-5:

DF0TA de DL3AMI: Starting talking to you
DF0TA de DL3AMI: hallo
hallo
Ungueltiger Befehl
DF0TA de DB0ERF-5  6-Feb-2024 1123Z dxspider >

..
Talk from mojo-cluster is not possible absolutely.
The normal user in the net does not know the difference between a mojo-cluster
and a master-cluster. It’s all dx-cluster. And they say: It’s working at all
clusters, but at db0erf-5 the HAMs will be blocked and discriminate!!!!!!

Problem #3:
-----------
If talk is not working, then I want to go back to the master-version. At
DB0ERF-5 many HAMs have a password. I know no posssibility for the
user-database going back with passwords
. Rrrrrrr
Is there a way to go back to the master state with the user-data and
passwords????
If not, so I must hear I’m incompetent and discriminate users (with the at
db0erf-5 not working function
.)

Problem #4:
I want to install the mojo-version new and fort the first time (for a test).
But I cannot find the mojo-version or source for mojo-install.
At the websides of the DXSpider Download Area (http://www.dxcluster.org) I can
only find the master-version.
Is only the master-version available now or what am I doing wrong?

73 de Wolfram DL3AMi  Sysop DB0ERF-5