[Dxspider-support] Abusive show/heading commands

Stephen Carroll aa4u.steve at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 16:10:35 GMT 2024

There's no getting around the fact that Hamclock is a bandwidth/resource
hog! The software makes rigorous data queries in order to populate the map,
etc. Without the queries there would be no data!

I have banned users from utilizing this software on my node. They are free
to go elsewhere, but my 100mb internet connection gets bogged down
(especially during contests). In the beginning I had 10 hamclock users,
before I realized what was going on. I've configured my router to reject
their IP addresses, this prevents them from even reaching the DXSpider
computer.

Perhaps some high bandwidth nodes can handle this constant barrage of data
requests, but mine can't. Good luck!

73, Steve - AA4U

Samsung Galaxy S22+ on Verizon 5G Network