[Dxspider-support] HamClock 3.03

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 14:14:13 GMT 2024

You might like to point out to the author that DXSpider will send a
command prompt every 11 minutes (default) if no activity has occurred on
a connection. This occurs irrespective of what/who else is connected to
a node or what might be passing through. If an individual connection has
neither received nor sent data in the last $main::user_interval (set to
11*60 seconds on node startup) then it *will* be sent a prompt. Each
connection has its own individual timer.

This is a genuine "original feature" of the code (circa 1997/8) and was
chosen specifically to keep a BPQ node circuit open.

On a modern system this will likely only happen if a node has lost all
its neighbour node connections or the user has screwed (whether
deliberately or not) his filters down too far.

73 Dirk G1TLH