[Dxspider-support] PC10's going to user

Steven Franke sfranke at soliton.csl.uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 1 03:05:03 BST 2000

Dirk et al.,

Now and then, we have noticed that PC10 messages are sometimes sent to
a user. I noticed one today while perusing the log and thought I'd
document it so that Dirk can fix it some day when he has nothing better to
do...

User K9CW-7 is logged in to node K9CW. Another user who is logged in to
K9CW sends a talk message to a third user who is not logged in to the
network, but has home node set to K9CW. The node returns the message
"trying via K9CW" to the originator of the talk message and sends the PC10
to K9CW-7.

AFAIK, the only user that ever sees PC10's here is K9CW-7, so I'm guessing
that this is SSID related.

Steve, K9AN