[Dxspider-support] Installing Debian from 2.1.r4 CD's...questions

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu Apr 27 19:40:05 BST 2000

I am at this point: "Configure Device Driver Modules."  The first item in
the menu is

block  Discs and disk-like devices

Yes I have discs!  so I select that and the choices are:

cpqarray    -.        What????
linear          -         Multiple-Disk driver, linear (append) mode.
paride        -         What????
raid0          -          Multiple-Disk Driver, striping mode
raid1          -          Multiple-Disk Driver, mirroring mode
raid5          -          Multiple-Disk Driver, raid4/5....
xd               -          XT had disk controller

Well.....none of these seem to be IDE drives so can I assume that driver
will be installed automatically??

If so, so stating on that page would seem like a sensible thing to do.

Ron