[Dxspider-support] My first dxspider crash!

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Apr 30 11:13:03 BST 2000

On 30-Apr-2000 Ian Maude wrote:
> Interestingly, I did not crash.  I am linked to the same machine that
> Arnolds Spider box is linked to but I filter most announces.  I suspect
> the culprit is that long announce with the URL in?

I think that the problem, when it happens, is likely to be a purely local
phenomenon. It will only happen on reasonably loaded networks/boxes
as well.

As a general point, one of the reasons I chose perl for this stuff is that it
is largely insensitive to lengths of things like lines. It really doesn't
matter to the code if you get a 256 byte or 32Kb announce - it will matter to
the underlying ax25 stack - but not to the code (says he having never
actually tested the examples just given ...)

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find