[Dxspider-support] SSID of neighbour cluster

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jul 2 11:29:09 BST 2000

On Sun, 02 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> question about show/node: In /spider/cmd/show/node.pl the program gets
> $clref and $uref. Since former connects to spider has been made without
> the other cluster's SSID, $uref is not undef. So the result for
>     show/node DB0HGW      and
>     show/node DB0HGW-6
> gives the same result. In both cases show/node.pl shows the information
> about DB0HGW (not DB0HGW-6). Is this intentionally?

There is some historical ambiguity in the current program to do with SSIDs.

This has come about because I made a decision that people would not be able
to connect to more than one node and I was rather too aggressive about
implimenting this. I had forgotten (read: not really thought about) that many
countries have more enlightened policies (read: free) than the UK about
callsigns for mailboxes, nodes and repeaters. As a result I have separate
callsigns for me (G1TLH) and my mailboxes (GB7DJK, GB7TLH).  What I had
forgotten about was that in other countries - this isn't the case.

  > What is the prefered way to remove DB0HGW from the user database?
While > trying to connect my DX-Spider I used different SSIDs for DB0HGW. Now
> export_user.pl reports 5 entries, but 4 looks useless.

I haven't actually done a 'deleteuser' command (it is easy enough) I will add
one for the next release, otherwise the only way is to export the userfile,
edit it, delete the old userfile and then reimport it.

The user file is likely to change format sometime in the forseable future.
Please be warned.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find