[Dxspider-support] Duffers corner!

Mark Trotman mark at armscroft.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 5 20:53:22 BST 2000

Goody wrote:

> To solve the dynamic IP address issue, use dynamic DNS.  Justlinux.com
> and ods.org offer free dynamic dns services.

OK, thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look. I have had some
experience of dynodns which I assume does a similar thing.

> Other than getting a different ISP or a dedicated connection, there's
> not much you can do about the disconnect every two hours.  I suppose you
> could do something funky with a second dial up account and some VPN
> stuff, but you'd still dump any TCP connections in the process.

I think that all "free" ISP's are the same nowadays. Some are OK for
3 hours uptime but the majority of them are 2 hours. Shame! I suppose
that at some point I may take the plunge and go for ADSL which may
make life a little easier.

73

Mark