[Dxspider-support] show/announce not working.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 22:42:33 BST 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've upgraded to 1.42, from tarball, not patched as it failed at my side.
>
> Dirk, sh/ann  seems not being working, as user I ask for sh/ann:

I am sorry about this, it is an error on my part which will be fixed in the
next release.

The problem is that I created some sysop only commands to allow investigation
of duplicate spots/announces/wwv and wcy and I called them

show/spot_dups
show/ann_dups
show/wwv_dups

This is unfortunate as show/ann_dups sorts before sh/announce so if you do
show/anno it will do what you want and sh/ann will do show/ann_dupes. Do an
ls of /spider/cmd/show to see what I mean.

I have renamed them to show/dup_ann, dup_spots etc which will put it back the
way it was.

You can, in the meantime, copy the /spider/cmd/Aliases file to
/spider/local_cmd and edit it so that sh/ann does announce

    '^sh/ann$' , 'show/announce' , ' show/announce',

means that  _exactly_ sh/ann will do what you want. But as I say this will be
back the way it was in the next release.

Whilst I am on here, if there are other common abbreviations that are not
doing what you want (this means everyone on here) please tell and I will
stick them in the standard Alias file.

If you do 'roll your own' Alias file you can modify it  whilst the cluster is
running and, when ready, do a 'load/alias' to read it in and activate it.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find