[Dxspider-support] using set/spider, set/clx etc

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 01:31:26 BST 2000

You will have noticed that there are now some new commands that allow you to
differentiate between types of node.

This is really only designed to be used to allow different options for
locally connected nodes. For instance by defining a node as clx or spider you
will cause some of the clx special PC protocol messages to be sent to that
node.

Specifically:-

setting a node as clx will allow propagation of PC73 (WCY) broadcasts and
also enable the clx specific RCMD PC84 and 85 commands.

setting a node as spider will allow propagation of PC73 (WCY) broadcasts.

Note that setting a node as spider may mean that it will get a completely
different protocol in the very near future - be warned.

If anyone has a definitive list of all the clx (or dxnet/arcluster) special PC
messages please could they send it to me  so that I can add support for them.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find