[Dxspider-support] Memories...

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Mar 26 16:48:22 BST 2000

On 02-Mar-2000 Ian Maude wrote:
> Hi Dirk et al,
> Could I ask please as a matter of some urgency for a daemon written in C
> or something for logins to Spider?  I know it is on the "to-do" list but
> I am starting to go into swap now with 15-20 users!

Attached is the source of a C client which will go into the next release.
This is for evaluation only and only handles incoming connections at the
moment.

Instructions:-

1. Stick the attachment into /tmp
2. make a directory which is NOT (NO WAY, NEVER, NADA) /spider/src, I suggest
you use /spider/tmp/src
3. cd /spider/tmp/src
4. tar xvfz /tmp/client.tar.gz
5. make
6. Read the README about how to modify ax25d.conf, bearing in mind that you
are using a different path to the in the README.

THIS IS ALPHA SOFTWARE!

There is even less warranty than usual, use at your own risk, but PLEASE tell
whether it works for you.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find