[Dxspider-support] Memories...

Arnold Bosch [pa4ab] pa4ab at pa4ab.net
Sun Mar 26 17:15:45 BST 2000

Hello Dirk,

Sunday, March 26, 2000, 5:48:22 PM, you wrote:

DK> On 02-Mar-2000 Ian Maude wrote:
>> Hi Dirk et al,
>> Could I ask please as a matter of some urgency for a daemon written in C
>> or something for logins to Spider?  I know it is on the "to-do" list but
>> I am starting to go into swap now with 15-20 users!

DK> Attached is the source of a C client which will go into the next release.
DK> This is for evaluation only and only handles incoming connections at the
DK> moment.

<bits recycled>

Ok let me be the first one to report a problem during compilation, I
suppose others got it working already (Ian?)

During compilation on RH 6.1 Sparc version I get:

$ make
cc -g -O   -c client.c -o client.o
client.c: In function `main':
client.c:518: `SIGPWR' undeclared (first use in this function)
client.c:518: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
client.c:518: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [client.o] Error 1

If I remove line 518: signal(SIGPWR, terminate);

it compiles ok, but since I am not a programmer I can't tell what I
destroyed with that?

Compilation on my Suse 6.3 i386 system goes well, but no dxspider
there (yet).

Any ideas Dirk? And btw thanks for providing the client it will save
surely some memory.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,