[Dxspider-support] linking request info

richard bown richard at iptlfd.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 16:35:29 BST 2000

As I'm new to cluster protocol, can some one tell me what to put into a
script to get a cluster running CLX to recognise a link request and use
cluster protocol instead of normal.

at the moment I have

connect telnet 44.x.x.x <port >
'callsign'  'gb7ipt'
'password'  'xxxxx'
'connect'   'ak1a'
client 44.x.x.x telnet

I've tried set/node zz5zzz
where zz5zzz is the callsign associated with the ip address.

and what ever I've tried so far fails to get the right response.

Every time in its the normal CLX greeting and using normal protocol.
The sysop of the cluster has agreed to linking.

At the moment I'm gonna be stuck with this type of linking, my access to
the south from Telford was cut last night at Kidderminster, so I'm
limited to a remote wormhole access. I will have my own wormhole in
about 8- 10 weeks.

If the sysop of gb7baa could contact me either by phone or e-mail, as
I'm pretty sure there's an easy rf link possible
(01952 502550)
TIA
73 g8jvm sysop gb7ipt
richard bown