[Dxspider-support] Winspider telnet help?

Ed Cairns eddiec at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 9 14:56:11 BST 2001

Hi All,
I am in the process of getting GB7DXZ running with Spider under windows. I
have everything running fine except I don't seem to be able to get the
listener part of it working.
I have used dyndns and can ping gb7dxz.ath.cx without any problems.
However when I edit the listeners file and try to run up the cluster I get
the following error.

The text at start up is as follows...

Starting listeners
Internal port: localhost 27754
External Port: localhost 7300
IO:Socket::INET:Unknown error
Could not create socket: Unknown error
      Msg::new_server('ExtMsg' , 'gb7dxz.ath.cx', 7300, 'CODE()x1f55dbc)')
called at cluster.pl line 369
Could not create socket.

Forgive me if this is something really obvious but I've spent days looking
at and reading the docs in case I've not done something right. And you know
what they say about not seeing the wood for the trees.
In listeners.pm I have removed the # in front of the local host. Done the
same on the next line and edited gb7dxz.ath.cx instead of spud.ath.cx.

I am managing to telnet into GB7DJK so outgoing connects are fine. It's just
the incoming stuff. I have AGW handling the outgoing and incoming AX25
stuff.

Does AGW have anything to do with the incoming telnet stuff?

Any help will be gratefully received. I don't have much hair left.

Ed G0INA (GB7BPQ and GB7DXZ)