[Dxspider-support] Winspider telnet help?

GB7BPQ gb7bpq at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 9 16:38:13 BST 2001

Hi Charlie,
I have done as suggested and I can now boot up with no problems but can't
telnet into GB7DXZ as gb7dxz.ath.cx. However I can telnet into the LAN
address of the computer.

As pings are being replied to from gb7dxz.ath.cx I am taking it as read that
this is enough to be able to say that the router and its firewall are
working fine regarding port 7300 being open to gb7dxz.
I might have added earlier. I am running Windows 98 V2 and have a cable
modem which then goes to a Linksys router from there it supplies a "few"
other computers. I have opened port 7300 on the Linksys for the PC that has
gb7dxz.
The linksys has an NAT firewall.

I am loathe to turn off the firewall as NTL my service provider have banned
the use of any servers that aren't password protected.