[Dxspider-support] Winspider telnet help?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 17:03:01 BST 2001

On Monday 09 April 2001 16:38, you wrote:
> As pings are being replied to from gb7dxz.ath.cx I am taking it as read
> that this is enough to be able to say that the router and its firewall are
> working fine regarding port 7300 being open to gb7dxz.
> I might have added earlier. I am running Windows 98 V2 and have a cable
> modem which then goes to a Linksys router from there it supplies a "few"
> other computers. I have opened port 7300 on the Linksys for the PC that has
> gb7dxz.
> The linksys has an NAT firewall.

You need to make all traffic for port 7300 land onto the lan address of the
spider box (reverse NAT). Opening it up isn't sufficient, you have to get the
router to route the packets to the correct machine.

> >From there comes the question, can passwords be added for incoming telnet
> connections to comply with my ISP?

Not currently. Although I can look at this. I am (for various reasons) rather
reluctant to do this (if only because I will have to have different
implementations for different environments [radio v lan]). It will mean
another package to download and more libraries to compile for the C client
(making that bigger).

Dirk G1TLH