[Dxspider-support] mail forwarding

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 14:22:59 BST 2001

On 17 Apr 2001 08:26:08 -0400, Charlie Carroll wrote:
> Dirk:
> If you want to see it, use 205.247.190.48 7300.  Message #39.

I log in and, very nearly instantly, I get a 'new mail' msg which is
caused by a message sent to me being forwarded to W1HR via PI5EHV-8 from
GB7DJK. So that bit works :-)

If you look the message to KE2S is a BULL not a private message. AFAIK
DXSpider automagically converts locally entered attempts to
(accidentally) send BULLS to known callsigns to PERSONAL.

DIR is mostly the same as AK1A (one of the things I have to do is make
DIR/O and DIR/N more sane) and thus PERSONAL msgs have a ' p' ('-p' is
read) after the message number.

The message to KE2S is therefore a BULL (stat/msg 39 for more info on a
message) and won't be forwarded (unless you have a category 'KE2S' in
your /spider/msg/forward.pl file :-). To move this message onward do:-

msg pr 39

which will mark it as private and then it will move of its own accord.

Dirk G1TLH