[Dxspider-support] mail forwarding

Charlie Carroll k1xx at rindge.nh.ultranet.com
Tue Apr 17 18:19:19 BST 2001

Dirk:
In AK1A, a message to an individual (a personal message) can be marked
private or not.  I think this is the issue.  If addressing a personal
message to W1JCC, I would use s/p w1jcc to send him a personal, private
message.  When a private message, only he and the sysop would see the
message when doing a DIR.  I would use s w1jcc to send him personal message.
However, in this call everyone can see this message in the DIR and also read
it.

Some nodes, like mine, default to any message addressed to an individual
(not a bulletin address) as being private.  Other sysops like to keep all
messages open, whether personal or not.

Charlie, k1xx