[Dxspider-support] Connect script problem

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 17:12:44 BST 2001

On 18 Aug 2001 09:19:04 +0100, g3orh wrote:
> Hi all,
>           Can anyone answer this please. The problem is the running of a
> connect script.
> To explain routing: From gb7orh L3 to node CDN
>                              From CDN L2 to #DRAY
>                              From #DRAY L2 to gb7wdx
> The connect script seems to be ignoring the 'c cdn' , c #dray  but picks up
> the c gb7wdx and debug reports there being no known route to gb7wdx (which
> of course there won't be).
>
> Routes set and nodes held : At gb7orh node cdn held (and others)
>                                            At gb7cn  node #dray held
>                                            At #dray specific connectees
> invoked and
>                                                    holds node worle (gb7wdx)
> This is to stop anyone except my cluster or me as remote sysop and the sysop
> of cdn connecting. (Its for cluster traffic only).
>
> The script being run is :-
> timeout 60
> Connect ax25 /usr/sbin/netrom_call net gb7orh gb7wdx
> 'connect' ''
> 'connect' 'c cdn'
> 'connect' 'c #dray'
> 'connect' 'c gb7wdx'
>                                   As said up the page , the c cdn and the c
> #dray seem to be totally disregarded causing c gb7wdx to fail as there is no
> route (L3 or L4)

Now I have looked at this in the code to see if I place any significance
to the letter '#' in this context. It appears that I don't. So in order
for me to debug a little further, please would you do a:-

set/debug connect

in a sysop console and then send me (or cut and paste on here) the
result when you do a connect using this script.