[Dxspider-support] Connect script problem

g3orh g3orh at ic24.net
Sat Aug 18 16:34:38 BST 2001

Subject: RE: [Dxspider-support] Connect script problem

> This may be nothing - I'm a newbie at understanding DXSpider - but doesn't
> the connect ax25 line hold the clue?  Isn't that an instruction to netrom
> connect GB7ORH to GB7WDX?  If this is the case then all of the other stuff
> would be superfluous.  Shouldn't the connect ax25 line say "....net gb7orh
> cdn"?
>
> Rodders

Hi Rodders

         CDN and #DRAY are intermediate (non cluster) nodes. The connect
ax25 line shows the intention to connect gb7orh to gb7wdx
The rest *should* be the process connecting first to node CDN then to node
#DRAY and finally to gb7wdx (the cluster node). In this case though,
the connect requests to CDN and then to #DRAY are ignored and only the
request to gb7wdx is actioned. Therefore (if I have it right) I cannot use
Spider scripts in this way and subsequently cannot connect to gb7wdx my next
nearest cluster node. For "special" reasons to protect that cluster link the
node #DRAY is an X1-J node which has control over who is allowed to use it
and this dictates that a L2 connection be made to it from node CDN.
Therefore cluster node gb7wdx is NOT available anywhere but at node #DRAY.
L4 connect can be used to CDN but a L2 connect needs to be used from CDN to
#dray so there will always be at least 2 connect operations before the final
cluster connect
                   I hope this explains it fuller, both for yourself and for
anyone who can provide the answer.

- Regards Colin   (73's)
- g3orh at ic24.net